Marseille and the Red Bull Salzburg, two of the teams present in the same qualifying group, will take on each other in the semi finals of Europa League. The Frenchmen and Austrians, both made good comeback wins against RB Leipzig and Lazio respectively.
The Red Bull Salzburg had a memorable night previously in the week. Lagging behind Lazio, 4-2 in the 1st leg, they took the football world and the Italy team by surprise, wining 4-1. On the other hand, Marseille too had their own way of returning to the midst of action. After lagging behind 1-0, they made a turnaround against Leipzig 5-2.
Significant pieces of information regarding Marseille and Red Bull match
The Olympique de Marseille and Red Bull Salzburg are all set to clash with each other on April 27, at Stade Velodrome. Some important facts of the match that will demand your attention are as below.
- Since Marseille play the host here, they have an advantage. They won 7 out of 10 home games in the League this current season.
- Whereas, Salzburg lost only one of their last 7 away games in the League, this season.
- Taking the average in their 2 group stage meetings, Salzburg has won by a score of 1-0.
- Marseille is seriously eyeing the coveted European trophy ever since 1993. They have reached the finals on 2 occasions, in 1999 and in 2004 but unfortunately, lost out to Parma and Valencia respectively.
- A startling revelation this season has undoubtedly been Red Bull Salzburg. Being 5-2 down against Lazio, they scored well in the second half to throw their opponents out of the competition.
- Apart from Lazio, the other one to be overdone by Salzburg is Borussia Dortmund. These were two blows to two big teams in the League.
Both the teams look like tough nuts to crack but Marseille have an edge over Red Bull since they are playing a home match. However, the fact that Red Bull has been showing a consistent, strong performance on the ground cannot be ignored. Still the odds are tilted towards a Marseille win because of their determination and strong will, shown in all the games of the season so far. This is going to be a definite thriller of a match, not to be missed at any cost.