Current defenders Real Madrid are eyeing a final spot in the Championship League. They are to take on the German stalwarts Bayern Munich on April 26. This would be the Real Madrid’s 3rd consecutive final entry in as many years, if they manage to better Bayern.
Looking slightly out of form initially, Bayern Munich are back to their former stronger form after Jupp Heynckes joined the team. The two European giants are set to fight it out this month in Allianz Arena. The second leg is scheduled on May 2. It is speculated that Bayern is the only team that has quality and talent to outperform Real Madrid.
Few Noteworthy Facts Related to Bayern v/s Real Madrid fight
Here are some interesting facts and figures about the individual teams that might pique your interest level.
- The 2 teams played 24 matches between each other. Both of them have 11 wins to their credit and 2 draws.
- In the semi finals alone, Bayern has 4 wins in its pocket compared to Real Madrid’s two.
- On the other hand, Madrid has managed to win their last 5 meetings against Bayern Munich. They scored 13 goals and yielded 4 goals.
- The famed Cristiano Ronaldo took his goal numbers to 7 in his previous 3 face offs against Bayern. He has 9 goals out of 6 matches.
- In 1999 – 2000 season, Real Madrid sent the German Bayerns out in the semi finals and in 2001 – 2002, they knocked them off in the quarter finals.
- Guti played against Bayerns Munich for 9 times. He was a scorer when the tally was 2-0 win. Real Madrid clinched their 9th title in the Glasgow competition in 2001 – 2002.
James Rodriguez, the midfielder from Colombo got into the German team from Real Madrid on a loan deal lasting for 2 years. He is most likely to retain his position switch on a permanent basis. According to him, the Munich team is a hot favorite to lift the trophy this season.
The two best teams from Europe are fighting for the coveted final 8 position and the match is going to be one of a nail biting kind. The winner of this match will compete it either Liverpool or Roma in the final match.
We hope to see a better team win.